SKYLINE SELF STORAGE TIPS AND FACTS
What are your hours of operation?
Our Site Maintains Office Hours- Monday thru Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm. On Saturday and Sunday we are only staffed at the Johnstonville Rd location, however we can help you there even if you store at the Gentry Ln. location. We are closed on major Holidays. The gate access hours at the Gentry location are 7:00 am to 8:00 pm, 365 days a year. The gate hours at the Johnstonville Rd location are 6:00am to 10:00pm.
What is the difference between gate hours and office hours?
Gate Hours are when you can access the property VIA the automated gate system. Office hours are when the office is open to rent units and assist customers with any request.
What type of payments do you accept?
We accept cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Do you offer any other way to pay my bill?
You can send checks or money orders to P.O. Box 1268, Susanville, CA, 96130. You can leave a payment in our drop box at either location. You can also make a payment through this website under the "More" tab, and "Make a payment at <your location>". You may also call us to sign up for Automatic payment from your designated credit card.
When is my rent due?
Rent is due on the 1st of the month, with a grace period thru the fifth of month. Late fees are issued on the 11th of the month.
What is the rental commitment?
All of our leases are month to month, this allows you the flexibility to commit only as long as you will need the space.
What kind of documentation do I need to rent a unit?
You will need to bring a current driver license or state issued I.D card, complete address information along with the contact information of a friend or relative that will be listed as an "alternate" contact. Current registration is required for any vehicles stored on the property.
Do I need Insurance?
We always recommend that you carry insurance on your stored property. You may check with your current homeowners policy or contact a third party insurance carrier (we recommend Deans & Homer Insurance) to obtain coverage for your stored property.
INSURANCE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE TENANT
Are there any items prohibited from storage?
Any type of food, liquids, hazardous waste, flammable materials or live animals are prohibited from storage. Consult the Site Manager if you have any questions about the items you are storing.
Do I need to give notice when I move out?
We do not require notice to move out, but when you have moved your items out we require you to sign a move-out form.
Do you Refund or Pro-Rate Rents at time of move out?
Rents are not pro-rated or refunded at time of move out
What Security Measures do you have in place?
Our facility offers security fencing, computer controlled gate access, individually alarmed units, state of the art video surveillance system with 48 cameras, and night lighting.
Can anybody drive onto the property at anytime?
Only current customers are able to access the property during gate hours using a personalized identification code.
Do you offer services for Business Customers?
We offer record storage that meets HIPAA Regulations. We also offer office rentals with all utilities included, and a shredding service. If you are a business in need of storage we have the solution for you.
Need long term storage? Ask about our yearly payment discounts.
Do you sell moving and packing supplies?
Our facility has a variety of boxes, tape and packing supplies to aid in protecting your valuables. We offer everyday low prices along with discounts for bulk orders.
What sizes are available and how do I pick the correct size?
We offer a variety of sizes to accommodate your needs from large to small. Our units typically range from 5' x 10' (50 sq. ft.) to 14' x 44' (616 sq. ft.). Contact one of our Site Managers who can help you determine the correct size based upon your answers to a few questions.
Do you have movers to help me?
While we do not staff movers, we do offer free use of our moving truck.
Do you offer RV/Boat/Vehicle Parking?
Yes, we have a variety of options for Boat, R.V. and Vehicle Storage. We offer covered and uncovered R.V. Storage.
Packing and Self Storage Tips
- Try to keep all of your boxes uniform in size, this will help you get the most out of the rented space.
- Purchase a variety of boxes, tape & packing material for your fragile items. Keep in mind your fragile items will store best when packed with bubble wrap, wrapping paper, packing peanuts or Dish pack Kits.
- Use furniture drawers to store light items.
- When boxing items make sure that empty areas are filled with packing material to prevent damage from shifting in the box.
- Store heavy items in smaller boxes, saving light items for the large boxes.
- When storing business or personal files label all boxes carefully with the contents.
- Label ALL boxes.
- Pictures & Mirrors should be wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in specialty mirror boxes.
- Dishes & Glasses should be individually wrapped in wrapping paper or bubble wrap and stored in dish pack boxes.
- If you think you may be storing for a longer period of time you may want to consider renting the next unit size up from your current choice. This will make access to the entire unit easier.
- Leave a small space for ventilation between your items and the wall.
- Place items that you do not or will not need in the back of the unit, leaving regularly used items at the front for easy access.
- Stacking all items on wood pallets is always recommended-- this raises your goods 3-5 inches off the ground, helping reduce moisture in the unit.
- Always store your mattresses and fabric furniture wrapped in plastic or with covers.
- Treat wood surfaces before storing, covering all wood surfaces with blankets or covers.
- Refrigerators & Freezers should be thoroughly cleaned, air dried and stored with the doors slightly ajar to prevent mold or musty odors.